gantryRobot Application 1: Handling of Sand Moulds
Handling of sand moulds in a fully automated casting line. Continuous casting process demands the highest reliability of the handling equipment. A further expansion of the system is possible.
- Application in fully automated casting line (foundry)
- Extremely harsh environmental conditions
- Smooth movements since aluminium is partly liquid
- Payload 300 kg
- Continous casting operation requires highest reliability
- The same controller concept for articulated and gantry robots (ABB robot controller) minimizes programming and commissioning time
Area gantry robot with two independently driven X-bridges where only one is in operation at any time. The 2nd X-bridge is a spare unit to be used during service/maintenance since high availability is required due to the continous casting process.
An additional rotary axis at the bottom of the vertical axis, allows pick up of the freshly casted sandmould and put down to the furnace mould pallet for transfer. The spare X-bridge is in park position outside the working area in the normal working conditions.
See more GÜDEL applications in the section «Applications»